S&S Super Stock Alternator Style Crankcase for 1984-'91 Big Twins with Stock Bore - Wrinkle Black
Perfect for stock replacement and high performance applications, these crankcases offer some unique features. Besides being machined for a crank position sensor, they are also compatible with stock flywheel assemblies, primary covers, gearcovers and are clearanced for 38 amp alternator stators.
Features and Benefits:
- Relocated cam chest oil pick-up increases gear case scavenging and virtually eliminates oil carry-over at sustained high speeds
- Machined to accept the stock oil filter assembly used on 1984-'91 big twins
- A ported breather passageway and a machined breather window allows the air/oil mist to flow from the flywheel cavity to the cam chest of the engine with the least possible restriction
- Crankcase venting can be achieved via two crankcase breathers, the cylinder heads, or both. We recommend using both crankcase breathers in engines larger than 95"
- Clearanced for strokes as long as 5"
- Compatible with stock 1984-'99 flywheel assemblies, primary covers, gearcovers, and clearanced for 38 amp alternator stators, making them perfect for stock replacement or high performance applications
- Machined for installation of a crank position sensor. This allows the cases to be used in stock EFI applications and also allows easy installation of S&S IST Ignition and VFI Fuel Injection. A plug kit is included for applications that do not use a crank position sensor
- Available for stock, 3 5/8", and 3 13/16" bore applications with deck heights as much as 3/16" taller than stock
- Natural aluminum and wrinkle black powdercoat available
|Crankcase Style||Finish||3 1/2" Bore (Stock)||3 5/8" Bore||3 5/8" Bore (Small Diameter)||3 13/16" Bore||Notes|
|1984-'91||Natural||31-0000*||31-0001||31-0072||31-0031||2, 3, 4|
S&S Crankcase Assembly 31-0052